20 Jul Affordable Health For Women
Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers, Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya, launched the ‘JANAUSHADHI SUVIDHA’, the Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin, under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
The affordable sanitary napkins will now become available at over 3600 Janaushadhi Kendras functional in 33 States/UTs across India, as promised by Union Minister, Chemical & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Ananthkumar on March 8, 2018 (World Women’s day).
This unique product would ensure Affordability, Hygiene as well as Ease of use and disposal for them. Jan Aushadhi Suvidha comes with a special additive, which makes it biodegradable when it comes in contact with oxygen after being discarded. This would ensure ‘Swachhta, Swasthya and Suvidha’ for the underprivileged Women of India.
The average price of sanitary napkins available in the market today is around Rs. 8 per pad, whereas now with the launch of the SUVIDHA napkins at Rs. 2.50 per pad, this will go a long way in making the basic hygiene requirement aid for Women affordable for the underprivileged sections.
Health For All
This is one of the most important requirement in ensuring the Health Security to that section of Women in India who still use unhygienic aids during menstrual period due to non-affordability of some of the popular brands of sanitary napkins available in the market today.
Such unhygienic aids cause
- Fungal infections
- Reproductive Tract Infection,
- Urinary Tract Infection,
- Cervical cancer
- Vulnerable to infertility.
According to the National Family Health Survey 2015-16, about 15 percent of women aged between 15 to 24 years use locally prepared napkins, sanitary napkins and tampons. Further, about 60 percent women in urban areas use hygienic methods of protection during menstrual period; only 25 percent women in rural areas have access to clean sanitary napkins.
Benefits of using Sanitary Napkins
- Save you from unwanted odour
- Save you from unwanted allergies
- Keep you relaxed in these stressful days
- No worry of leakage
- Disposable- no worry to clean
- Prevention from vaginal infections
- Keep you comfortable while travelling
- Prevent you from Urinary Tract Infection
How to use ?
- Take out the sanitary napkin from the packet and unfold it.
- Remove the adhesive of the sanitary napkin and paste in the crotch of your underwear.
- Wash your vagina using intimate wash during periods. It prevents you from any fungal allergy.
- Do keep a check on your pad after every two hours and see wheather it needs to be changed or not.
Wash your hands before and after changing your sanitary napkin.
Always throw your used napkin in dustbin packed in a plastic bag to avoid smell.
EMBRACE THE WOMANHOOD HAPPILY WITH ‘JANAUSHADHI SUVIDHA SANITARY NAPKINS.